Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SERVICES AVAILABLE

Primarily I'm a CFO to startups & growing companies - outsourced & part time. A typical company who is at the stage of needing me is either post funding and/or generating revenues, and I'm handling things such as investor relations, cash flow management, dashboard reporting, actuals vs. budget, playing bad cop on holding people accountable to the budget, growth strategy, constantly refining the financial model, etc.

Secondary, I truly enjoy helping out the true seed/idea/early stage startups who have the great idea in place, but need to get it down on paper, whether its a business plan, financial model, or both. The guys who don't know where to go next. That's what the original post was all about - looking to find any startups in need who want/need expert help to bring them to the next level and really light the fires to get things in motion.

While I used to be involved in raising capital, it's not something I actively do currently. For the few companies I CFO for, yes I do, but just as a stand alone project I don't. Reasons are many, mainly it is very time consuming, and very seldom does a hired gun/fund finder lure in investors. Investors want to talk to principles of the company, hence focusing on that endeavor when I'm onboard as the CFO and truly actively involved in growing the company, not just playing match maker.

That said, if you are a early/seed stage startup in need of a business plan/financials, let me know what you are about, if you have anything currently, and I'm happy to send along some samples and start the discussion. Just email me, tom@tuffyllc.com

No comments: